1) How does one become a provider in order to treat members of the DSNY?
Providers are required to create an account in the City of New York Payee Information Portal (PIP) system. Providers can log on to: (https://a127-pip.nyc.gov/webapp/PRDPCW/SelfService) and follow the directions to create a new payee/vendor code account. You will be asked to submit a Substitute W-9 Certification form during the activation process. The website will guide you through the process to become a NYC Vendor.
2) How soon after I register to become a certified NYC Provider, can I begin seeing patients from DSNY?
The City's W-9 review and approval process is 5-10 business days, excluding City holidays. Upon notification of your approval you will be entered into the database of certified vendors with NYC in the Financial Management System (FMS).
3) What is the process to treat patients from DSNY?
Members of the DSNY are required to be evaluated at the DSNY Health Care Facility by our medical doctors for Line of Duty Injuries (LODI). If the DSNY doctor deems it necessary for the member to receive outside treatment he/she will be given an authorization for treatment. The employee should give this Authorization to the provider at the time of appointment.
4) Do all services require a DSNY Authorization?
All services EXCEPT services provided on the Initial injury date require a DSNY Authorization.
5) How can I obtain a DSNY authorization if the employee does not have an authorization for an appointment?
To request a retro authorization contact the authorization unit at (212) 437-4970. All requests should include documentation to substantiate the service rendered and faxed to (212) 437-4826, 4825.
6) What is the reimbursement rate for treatments?
The reimbursement rate is based on the New York State Worker's Compensation Fee Schedule. Accepting a DSNY authorization confirms acceptance of this fee. Balance of any fee cannot be billed to the patient.
7) How long do I have to submit a claim?
All claims must be received by DSNY within one (1) calendar year from the date of service. Any submission over one (1) year will be rejected.
8) How do I register into the Claim Connect portal?
You must be an Active payee/vendor with the City of New York, register by going to www.claimconnect.com and entering your Vendor Tax ID Code and Zip Code. Claim Connect will match the information with the DSNY Vendor List, upon which time you will be allowed to complete the application. Once submitted DSNY will verify and either approve or disapprove the Vendor. If a match of Tax ID or Vendor Code is not found in the DSNY Vendor List Claim Connect will direct you to a Payee Information Portal link (https://a127-pip.nyc.gov) to register with NYC and return you to the login page.
9) What if my Vendor code is inactive in the NYC Financial Management System (FMS)? Will we be able to use the Claim Connect web Portal?
10) Who is responsible for maintaining our account with Claim Connect?
11) What kind of information is provided by Claim Connect?
12) What information do I need to begin my query?
Any combination of the following:
13) If I am registered for Claim Connect with FDNY will I have to register to submit claims with DSNY?
Yes, you still have to register with DSNY however, your service locations will be copied over if you are registered with FDNY.
14) What level of confidentiality must be maintained by the provider?
All patient information including not limited to the following:
15) How do I find status of my claim?
Once registered and verified in claim connect, you will be granted a passcode to sign in to Claim Connect. You will then have the following options:
16) Can we file claims through claim connect for DSNY civilian members?
No, claims for civilian members of DSNY are processed through the New York City Law Department, claims should be mailed to:
17) Can we call for phone Inquiries?
Yes, you can call for inquiries at (212) 437-4850. Please have the following information available;
18) If we file on- line will our claims be processed faster?
Yes, filing on-line creates an electronic billing record and automatically comes into the DSNY Claim Connect system and moves through the process electronically. Currently, DSNY receives claims via mail or fax and then it is manually entered/scanned into our system. We are confident that removing this extra step will shorten the processing time.
19) Who do I contact for system problems with Claim Connect?
Providers are encouraged to use the support tool provided on the bottom right side of the page for any support issues.
20) Who do I contact if I have a technical problem or cannot log into claim connect?
You can email us at email@example.com or call us at 914-517-3223. We will get back to you within 24 hours.